Re: [Debconf-team] [rt.debconf.org #1965] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

Hi,

(not sure if you, Stefano, prefer cc:s to the leader address or not...)

On Mittwoch, 9. März 2011, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Just a procedural comment on that. The existence of "Debian trusted
> organizations" is ruled by the Debian Constitution (see §9.3).
> Maintaining the list of such organization is, at present, delegated to
> the Debian Auditors [1,2]. That is just to say that such a decision
> cannot be taken on isolation by DebConf people. As a consequence, if you
> find lighter way of dealing with that it would be probably easier for
> everybody.

Is it difficult to decide this within Debian?

Also, does it have to become a "Debian trusted organisation" for temporarily
receiving+spending money for Debian? I guess a, eg., FOSDEM booth is not a
formerly trusted organisation either? And "DebConf7 Ltd" probably wasnt one,
or was it? (And yes, maybe that was a mistake / something to improve now...)

> I missed yesterday meeting, so it's possible this has already been
> raised as a topic, but I guess DebConf has been in a very similar
> situation of the present one with DebConf in Extremadura, is there no
> best practice from that past experience that can be reused?

For DebConf9 the legal body which handled most money things was ffis.

cheers,
	Holger