Re: [Debconf-team] T-shirt plan - order placed!

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 06:50:11PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> If at least one or two people say they like this idea and nobody objects to it
> by the time I go to sleep tonight (not before 04:30 UTC / 12:30am NYC time)

This happened; no objections, one emailed concurrence, and more IRC
concurrences. So...

> I will place the order with Gaby, and will pay her tonight or tomorrow
> depending on feasibility.

I just ordered the 600 shirts, including the 80 Marga planned for the helpers
in the "Unsplit" category, and 520 others, with the quantities per size scaled
linearly up from the 350 Marga had planned for attendees. Purple attendee
shirts, black staff shirts. Payment of the 50% advance portion hasn't happened
yet but will as soon as we figure out the logistics (but not before sleep!). I
asked her to start working on the fronts of the shirts ASAP, and told her we'd
finish gathering vectorized sponsor logos as soon as possible, probably within
the next few days, for the backs.

Thanks again to all for helping us figure out something sane in the end. Good
night all!

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debconf.org

P.S. - Regarding my other immediate-term DC10 to-do item, the promised phone
call with the debit card vendor did occur as planned today/Tuesday, and was
generally positive; I will get the summary of that sent to the list
tomorrow/Wednesday.