Re: [Debconf-team] [venue] hours for security

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 01:24:05AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 01:55:25PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > The current plan is:
> >
> > - Use Mudd as the hacklabs until XX:XX in the night/morning.  Then,
> >   close these down and ask that people move to the dorm lounges.
> >
> >   With XX:XX = 01:00 during DebCamp and 03:00 during DebConf, this
> >   costs $8750.  This also includes some fixed weekend daytime security
> >   costs.  I also assume 24/7 on arrival weekend.
> >
> >   To extend this to 24/7 for both weeks, it would cost about $5250
> >   more.  A bit less than half of that for DebConf week only.
>
> There seems to be no comment on the plans to have the primary hacklabs
> open until 01:00 during DebCamp and 03:00 during DebConf, with people
> being directed to dorm lounges after these times.

It seems an acceptable plan to me, if we can afford it. There was a
seperate night hacklab at dc7 which seemed to work out, even if it
forced people to move.

> Is this OK?  Is there a preference for 1-2 thousand more to have stuff
> open 24/7 during DebConf?  Camp too?  A few hours more?  Is less time
> needed for the talk rooms on weekends/weekdays?

imho, we don't need to spend more. I mean, people _should_ probably go
to the anyway dorms at some point to at least shower.

hmm, i guess the only problem there is that people not staying with us
aren't allowed into the dorms, though, right?

-edrz