Re: [Debconf-team] Talks team meeting at 23:00 UTC

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> Hi debconf people--
>
> This is a reminder that the dc10 talks team is meeting today on IRC (and
> local folks in person as well) at 23:00 UTC (7pm NYC time).
>
> We'll meet on #debconf-team -- if it is too noisy there or we're
> disturbing other organizers who don't want to hear about talks, we can
> move the meeting to #debconf-talks, but i'd prefer to meet in the
> standard public channel.
>
> I put a stab at an agenda online:
>

> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Meetings#talks_team_meeting_Wednesday_2010-05-026_23:00UTC__.287pm_NYC_time.29

Last meeting I took an action item to discuss with remote people about
alternative times / days but I so far only followed up with Ana (which
won't be joining us for a talks team these days as she's VAC as far as
I understand). The agreed time last week was Wed June 2th at 7PM NYC
time.

Now it is too late to fully act on my action item and upon further
consideration I personally don't quite see how can we accommodate the
large chunk of hours required for the talks meetings without giving a
larger weight to the timezone with more people in talks@ (basically,
this is me giving up on trying to make a more inclusive meeting). What
can I say, we're horrible people and the next meeting will again be at
the wee hours of the morning for the timezone where civilized people
live ;-)

P.