Re: [Debconf-team] talks team followup: scheduling and plenaries

Andreas Tille dijo [Thu, May 27, 2010 at 03:27:26PM +0200]:
> Hint: As a scheduler in two previous DebConfs I like to stress this
> point of Holger especially because I'm guilty for violating this rule.
> It should be clear to the person who is doing this job that it will
> be under pressure of contradicting opinions when doing the schedule:
> On one hand there is the "Holger's rule" above and on the other hand
> there will be people who want to drop in last minute.  You have to
> be strong to refuse their request.
>
> To the question:  Originally I intended to help in the *Pre*-DebConf
> scheduling, but if I'm serios I'm currently to busy to do so and thus
> I will not claim to help and see me failing in doing so later.  I
> CCed Vanessa who was in the schedulers team the last tow years.  I
> guess Ana and Gunnar are reading this list and will rise their voice
> themselves (or not).

This year I will be [VAC]-ing for three weeks before DebConf (with
limited connectivity), so I'd rather not become the pre-debconf
scheduler. However, just as last year, I'll be honored and delighted
to become the on-site schedulemaster. I arrive to NY on DebCamp day
one IIRC.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244