Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship allocation team & request

Margarita Manterola dijo [Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 09:48:02AM -0300]:
> (...SNAP...)
> So that the maximum number granted is min(your request, maximum for
> your zone).  This should be done outside of the meetings, just agree
> on the maximum numbers, and then fix the numbers for whoever asked
> more.

And, of course, giving attention to specific requests by a person's
real requirements.

> Finally, about Gunnar's suggestion for slots for continents, I'm not
> totally sure if I want it or not.  When the conference is close,
> people might just pay for their trip (if it's only 100 or 200 €, most
> will be able to pay for that), instead, when it's far away, the
> sponsorship is way more needed.  On the other hand, it makes sense to
> prioritize close-by people.  Thus, I can't make up my mind about this.

FWIW, I just came up with the idea, I didn't say it was necessarily
good ;-) Possibly this could be made for attracting not-so-committed
people, but we should -I agree with you- prioritize on sponsoring
people with outstanding and/or long-term committment, regardless of
where they are from.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23