[Debconf-team] LCA Encoding Scripts

Hi,

(Sending this to Ben, but going to email this list as it may be of wider interest):

The scripts we used for encoding at LCA08 are available here:

http://svn.studio442.com.au/lca-encoding/

Of particular interest may be some scripts, which contain features I don't believe the current debconf encoding workflow allows for:

audio-dr-compress.sh - Audio normalization, dynamic compression. Uses gstreamer. Made video on all videos a consistent, loud volume; we found without this, we'd get varying volumes from different cameras due to different teams setting levels differently (can I say different again?)

generate-splash-images.pl - We used a template SVG to generate a nice little few-second intro to each talk (with information pulled from a XML file, which had all talk details) - which was the LCA logo, with talk title/speaker/etc.

Cheers,