Re: wiki with notification

Holger,

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 11:15 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 10:40, Henning Sprang wrote:
> > I don't know if that will lead to any useful results, I am already a
> bit
> > desperate.
>
> no need to get desperate so quickly, relax and read
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/09/msg00107.html plus
> followups...

I know that thread, but sorry, I see no hint about a controlled
migration is happening or planned.

It can be seen in this thread that it's still unclear to most people who
set up  wiki.debian.org, and why it has been created. Gannef says the
goal is to replace wiki.debian.net, but he doesn't say where he knows
that from, he also doesn't say he's involved with wiki.debian.org in any
way.

Wiki.debian.org is nowhere (that I and other people know of) announced,
it has no imprint, there's no license attached to it, it's not said
anywhere if it is already stable and intended to be used for production.
So how can we even know that it won't just disappear next week, taking
all our data with it? Do you know if it's carefully backed up?

If I use a new information system I am very much interested in such
questions.
Yes, I am that kind of boring, no-risk-taking person :)

Henning