Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trip to Addo after Debconf

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Dieter Adriaenssens <dieter.adriaenssens@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 6:16 PM Dieter Adriaenssens <dieter.adriaenssens@gmail.com> wrote:

Did you make arrangements yet : car rental, accommodation?

I have rented a car from 10th to 15th at Cape Town Airport. I am guessing that as winter is off-season, hotel/hostel/naturepark bookings can be done later too.

So that leaves 5-6 days to drive to Addo and back, which should be plenty of time to visit the park, and a lot of amazing views along the way : Garden route, Swartberg pass (between Prins Albert and Oudtshoorn), and probably much more (there are plenty of national parks around).
What planning did you have in mind? I guess 1-2 days to drive to Addo, 1-2 days to visit the park and 1-2 days to return to Cape Town should leave enough time to see a lot.

Let's see:
* Sunday, it should be possible to pick up the car and drive from Cape Town to Prince Albert via the northern route, stopping for sights along the way
* Monday morning leaving Prince Albert and going down the Swartberg pass down to Calizdorp and then to the Garden Route and stay somewhere there
* Tuesday proceed to Port Elizabeth with some more stops along the way
* Wednesday full day at Addo, overnight stay there too. The tents in Spekboom look cool
* Thursday drive back to Cape Town ~8-9 hours or driving, would prefer to stay the night in either Cape Town or near to it so that there is no hurry to return the car to the airport Friday before noon

Just wondering : Do you have an interest in hiking or rock climbing?

Hiking - yes, for rock climbing my fitness level is too low :(