Re: [Debconf-discuss] Nifty Tech Things To Do At Debconf

John Goerzen wrote:

> Ham radio.  I know I mentioned this a little while back.  If anyone
> else is bringing a HT, would be fun to chat.

Glad to see other hams. I don't have an HT, just a 2m/70cm rig at home
(home is about 25 miles NW of Manhattan). I won't be there for most of
DebCamp, so if there's a good city repeater frequency you know I'll try
to see if my signal will make it. It should; I've had conversations over
repeaters quite a bit further east in Long Island.

But yeah, I think amateur radio and GNU/Linux have a spirit in common.