Re: [Debconf-discuss] About BoF scheduled not on time

Hi,

On Montag, 12. Juli 2010, Richard Darst wrote:
> I'm not sure of the exact plan, but at one time we were thinking
> something like an "unconference" system.  Each day, we list the free
> rooms and timeslots for the next day.  People can sign up on a board
> or wiki, and then you've got that slot at that time.

Interesting...

> Optionally, that evening someone may add it to the official schedule
> in some last-minute capacity.

Hmmm. I'm not so happy about this. During the day(s) the videoteam makes plans
who is operating which shift. It's quit harder to make shifts if you learn
late at night that a new event has been scheduled in the morning which some
people need to take care of...

So I would like to remind of the "no scheduling (of to be video'ed events = in
the rooms with video gear) later then 24h before the events starts"
rule/goal.

It wont work to schedule something in a room with video gear and say "dont
video this". We tried this and it doesnt work. People in the room or on IRC
will ask it to be videod, people will try, people will get stressed and the
event will be video'd (badly) and the people doing it wont be happy.

cheers,
	Holger