[Debconf-discuss] driving toward south Argentina after DebConf8: how about roads?

Hi all,
  after DebConf8 I'll have some VAC in South Argentina, heading towards
Tierra del Fuego. A possibility I'm considering is traveling a good deal
of kilometers by (rent) car.

However, I've no idea about which kinds of road can I expect driving
south. I've seen that there are a handful of highways: are they in good
shape? which average speed can I assume to travel on them? What about
the other, non-highways, roads?

If the question sound silly ... don't get me started on the situation of
highways in the south of Italy ;), the average speed there can be
*really* low.

TIA,
Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the