Don't panic (yet)

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:59:44PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> A g card isn't enough, any prism54 or zd211 based device wouldn't work with
> wpa and I don't think I need a third wlan card for my notebook, two are
> enough.

I was told today that prism54 (fullmac) wpa support has already been
written and should be released before debconf.

The situation is still somewhat absurd, as we are given access to "Aalto"[1] wlan
network (hotspots around otaniemi), that is unencrypted, but only
11Mbit, and does not cover the dorm building. At the same time, we have been asked
not to setup ANYKIND of wireless of our _own_. After some negotions, we were allowed
to do our own wlan supposing we use WPA and show the plan to network admins. We are
still working out the details.

We really do want people to enjoy their stay, and not everyone considers
writing WPA support for their wlan cards an enjoyable stay...

[1] http://www.tkk.fi/cc/services/aalto/