Re: Recording presentations

Hi John,

On Saturday 16 April 2005 23:02, John Lightsey wrote:
> If the Debconf5 presentations will definitely be placed online in a high
> quality format (720x480 MPEG4 avi for instance), there's no compelling
> reason for me to worry about it.  If there is any doubt about putting
> the presentations online though, I'd like to bring my camera and make
> recordings for HLUG.  All I'd need is a power outlet, a little space for
> a tripod, and a copy of the terms under which the recording can be used.

Definitly there is still doubt wether we manage to record and stream
everything :-) And definitly there is less doubt if you volunteer to join the
team doing this :-)

So, please bring your camera (what type is it? firewire?)

IIRC the talks should be placed under a creative commons licence.

> Does the team/person handling the recording need any help?

Yes!!

> Will the presentations _definitely_ be placed online after Debconf?

If we capture them, we'll put them online.

> Are there any details that I would need to work out before Debconf to
> make my own recordings?  (For instance, would I need to get approval
> from each and every presenter?)

Please consider joining the video team. It is still not really there ;-)

regards,
 Holger