Using makefile in VIDE

Hi,

I downloaded V a while ago and have been making some simple programs with
it. I think it's a nice gui library, clean and compact (which was the main
reason for choosing it over, say, wxWindows), and I certainly hope to be
able to keep using it once I move on to bigger projects. I didn't use Vide
however, which I now tried when I read  about the new version 1.06 on the V
and Mingw mailing lists.

I tried to make a small project and I also loaded the V library Makefile,
but both refuse to compile:

> g++ -c -ID:/Develop/VLib/includew -O2 -o D:/Develop/VLib/obj/vstartup.o
vstartup.cpp
  ! cpp.exe: C:\TEMP\cccbaaaa.ii: Bad file descriptor
Make failed. Right click error line to open file._______________

The Makefile works perfectly with Mingw when using a command prompt, but
gives the error message above when used through Vide. Same with my own
projects. Is this a bug in Vide or something in my setup? The error is
always the same type: a "bad file descriptor", related to my temp
directory. I'm running Windows NT4, SP4.

Patrick Hubers
mailto:patrick.hubers@inter.nl.net

Solve IT
Postbus 5063