Re: membership expiration

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 07:12:05PM +0200, Nils Lohner wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:46:12 -0600, Matt Kraai wrote:
> >According to the email I received confirming my membership,
> >non-contributing memberships do not expire.  On my membership
> >status page[1], however, it says that my membership expires
> >2002-10-09.  I am a non-contributing member.
> >
> >Matt
> >
> >1. https://members.spi-inc.org/nmstatus.php?
>
> Non-contribs do not expire, contribs do.  In the web pages they're set
> to one year, but that's too short... we're going to discuss that and put
> it at 2/3/4 years... I think 3 years (which is the term of board
> members) is a good number.
>
> This is just to make sure that the people who can vote in SPI are still
> contributing to free software projects.

``What we've got here is failure to communicate.''

The expiration date is shown as 2002-10-09 because a contributing
membership will expire at that point (at least until the board
changes the term length).  Since non-contributing memberships
never expire, this field should not be shown on their
membership status page.

Matt