Re: Feature request: nbd-server serves multiple (autogenerated) files in directory hierarchy

Hi Lars,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 10:41:15PM +0100, Lars Rohwedder wrote:
> Oh thank you!
>
> I did not see this already existing feature, which is very near the one I'd
> like to have!

Good :)

> :-)
>
> My wishes (ordered by decreasing priority/demand):
>
> 1. make size of the "block files" configurable. 4096 bytes seems to be quiet
> small, I'd like to experiment with 64KB … 1024KB, depending on the
> environment (local/remote NBD, bandwith and underlaying (local or remote)
> filesystem, etc.)
>
> 2. make number of files/subdirs per directory configurable (also to find an
> optimal number for a specific environment)
>
> 3. make the file naming convention configurable

Unfortunately, I do not have the time to work on such a feature, but if
you're interested in implementing it, I have no objection to taking
patches (provided they work, and don't make the code a mess, etc).

Kind regards,

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.