Re: Fixes after static code analysis

Hi Lukasz,

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 12:52:23PM +0100, Lukasz Stelmach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last year we decided to include nbd package in Tizen. Every package we
> use gets a periodic treatment with static analysis tools (Coverity,
> SVACE). There were some problems detected in nbd and we've developed a
> number of patches[1] to fix them. Please take a look at them as well as
> the eariler patch[1] I posted.
>
> [1] https://git.tizen.org/cgit/platform/upstream/nbd/log/?h=tizen&id=2c54e25b0cea8d30f7958fa2d17c67b91867aff6

Is this available in some public repository that I can just pull from? I
tried "https://git.tizen.org/platform/upstream/nbd";, which seemed the
most obvious, but that didn't work.

> [2] https://lists.debian.org/nbd/2023/08/msg00046.html

I looked at that when you sent it, didn't like it, was going to reply,
but then apparently forgot to do that. Sorry about that.

I didn't like this because there are some autoconf variables that (by
default) have other variables in them, in ways that expose them as shell
variables; e.g., the default setting for sysconfdir is "${prefix}/etc",
which means that if you run "./configure" with no arguments,
nbd-server(5) will mention that the configuration file is
"${prefix}/etc/nbd-server/config", which I think is a bit ugly.

That's why I did it that way.

I don't think your version does that? But I could be wrong, of course;
in which case, please explain :)

Thanks,

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.