RE: ld-lsb.so.1 library

> I'm attempting to run the LSB tests on RedHat 7.2
> distribution with updated
> kernel 2.4.9-13.

If this is not Itanium (you don't say), you should really
be using 7.3.  Red Hat has repeatedely said that 7.3 is
the first release that has incorporated efforts towards
conformance (it's not conforming, but it's much closer
than previous efforts).

> The run_test script seems to be looking for the library
> /lib/ld-lsb.so.1.  I get the following error:
>
> Failed to execute the test suites correctly.
> Either they are not installed properly or you may
> be missing the lsb linker /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 on your system.
>
> Although /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 is not present, /lib/ld-lsb.so.2 is
> available.  I
> have created a symlink from /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 to
> /lib/ld-lsb.so.2.   The test
> run as expected once this symlink is created.  How have other
> folks been
> handling this problem?  Why does the script check for this
> library.  I'm
> certain the distribution of RedHat I'm using doesn''t deliver it.

Now that there are systems that attempt conformance, the test
suite is delivered with the expecation that it will be run on
systems that provide the necessary bits.  The script checks
for this upfront to save you some time:  otherwise all the tests
will fail and you'll find out once the 7000-odd failures have
completed happening.

If you attempt a test run on a system that does not supply the
necessary bits, you have to supply them yourself.  In the case
of the LSB dynamic linker, a symlink is the easiest approach to
get started.