ld-lsb.so.1 library

I'm attempting to run the LSB tests on RedHat 7.2 distribution with updated
kernel 2.4.9-13.  The run_test script seems to be looking for the library
/lib/ld-lsb.so.1.  I get the following error:

Failed to execute the test suites correctly.
Either they are not installed properly or you may
be missing the lsb linker /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 on your system.

Although /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 is not present, /lib/ld-lsb.so.2 is available.  I
have created a symlink from /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 to /lib/ld-lsb.so.2.   The test
run as expected once this symlink is created.  How have other folks been
handling this problem?  Why does the script check for this library.  I'm
certain the distribution of RedHat I'm using doesn''t deliver it.

I realize that RedHat is part of the LSB alliance.  Do they consistently run
this test suite as new distributions are released?

Many Thanks,
Ron Goodwyn