Re: Proposal: Motif Widget set

On May 20, 10:13am in "Re: Proposal: Motif ", Erik Troan wrote:
> Who knows? Can you define what the Open Group meant by an open source
> operating system? We include Netscape with Red Hat, so is that an open
> source OS? Others include binary sound drivers for the kernel, are those
> open source?
>
>From the FAQ (http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/faq.html) :

QUESTION:

    How does The Open Group define the term "Operating System" Does this
    apply to the kernel or the complete distribution?

ANSWER:

    The Open Group's intent is that this applies only to the kernel
    of the operating system, without regard to any bundled utilities
    or application software. This includes all known distributions of
    Linux and BSD distributions.

regards
Andrew