Re: Problem apt key(8)

On Mon, Jan 01, 2024 at 11:04:56AM +0100, Andrea Gottardo wrote:
> After uninstall anydesk for debian, I have a deprecation message apt-key(8).
        ^^

I think you meant "install".

Anyway, in general you will have to ask the provider of the
repository/packages for support, we (as in Debian) can not support any
random third-party repository in existence.

They can give you information about how to add repository and so forth;
if they are unable to it might be an indication that you should look
elsewhere for a provider which can support you. After all, if they can't
do that, are they capable of e.g. providing security support for the
packages they ship?

They might want to updated their howto and e.g.provide a sources file
with a signed-by field, but I don't know them nor their processes and
I am certainly not recommending any third party repo.

That said, the message from apt actually tries to help you self-service
you if you are in a pinch:

> Message is:
> W:http://deb.anydesk.com/dists/all/InRelease: key is stored in legacy
>  trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in
> apt-key(8) for details.
>
> Is possible have a solution for not see this message in the upgrade?

So, have you read the section the man page the message refers to?

I think you haven't as the example given there is quite literally what
the current howto they have says… (minus replacing asc with gpg).

After that you can just remove the trusted.gpg file (perhaps verify its
content first with "apt-key list" if you want) as the key will be in
another file (as well) which isn't deprecated (for a long while I might
add).

Best regards

David Kalnischkies