Re: APT library routines

Am Dienstag, den 12.01.2010, 16:30 +0000 schrieb Roger Burroughes:
> Folks,
>
>  	Hopefully I'm in the right place (all polite redirections
> considered if not :-)
>
>  	I'm experimenting with dependency checking using libapt-pkg
> and libapt-pkg-perl, and wondered if there were any routines
> equivalent to rpmlib's rpmtsCheck & rpmtsRun?
>
>  	I can't seem to see any functions or routines that take a list
> of actions/packages and check the dependencies within that list (as
> rpmtsCheck does). Is there an APT equivalent? I'd rather avoid having
> to check through values for things like DependsList & RevDependsList
> for each package if at all possible...
>
>  	Apologies if the answer is staring me in the face, but I've
> checked documentation and deity archives and I just can't see
> anything... All feedback, suggestions & pointers greatly appreciated.
>
>  	BTW, I'm using libapt-pkg-perl because I'm not a C-hacker, so
> perl code or references (if such there be) would be preferred!

I do not know of such a function and APT does not really work in a
transactional way I guess. The closest I can get is the Python code at
http://apt.alioth.debian.org/python-apt-doc/library/apt_pkg.html#example-find-all-missing-dependencies
which finds all packages with broken dependencies (if I wrote it
correctly).

I don't know anything about the Perl bindings, so I guess I can't really
help here.

Regards,
Julian
--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.