Re: RFC: apt-get install-deps subcommand?

El Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 05:45:08PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow va escriure:
> Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org> writes:
> >   My idea is to have a command to do something like:
> >
> >     # apt-get install-deps nvi (>> 1.78) | vim, ed
>
> Just an idea:
>
> Can't your python script resolve those to actual packages? If that is

  No, I don't want to depend on having python available at install time and
  precomputing the packages to install can give me wrong results, as my
  sources can be different from the ones on the target system (in fact, that's
  one of the problems with metapackages, they have delayed the transition of
  packages from sid to sarge without a real reason).

> too hard build a meta package locally, run apt-get -s install on it
> (with an empty status file) and parse what apt-get would do.

  Building a metapackage is easy, but the whole point of this option is to
  avoid them and be able to satisfy dependencies only with apt. And in fact,
  your proposal was my original idea, but it looks like the wrong solution, it
  is too complicated to do something that apt is almost able to do.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69