[Fwd: Re: apt-0.3.4 improvements]

-------- Original Message --------
From: Sergey Golod <rover@ttknet.ru>
Subject: Re: apt-0.3.4 improvements
To: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca>

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 1999, Sergey Golod wrote:
>
> > such packages also. But if I want to remove package, what have a
> > dependencies, i can remove only this package
> > without all depends packages. Please look to this patch, what add such
> > function to apt-get.
>
> I'm confused abou exactly what you are trying to accomplish, can you give
> an example please?

ok. look:
I'm have a package: iceconf. When I want to install it, apt-get suggets me
install libgtk-perl also, because iceconf depends on libgtk-perl. But, after
some days using iceconf, I'm want to remove iceconf, and run 'apt-get remove
iceconf', right? After this operation I have a removed iceconf, but still
installed libgtk-perl! But I don't need a having libgtk-perl installed,
because I don't have a package, which depends on libgtk-perl. You can say:
if
I run 'apt-get remove libgtk-perl' I got a suggestion remove also iceconf,
but
I must remember all dependencies of package, to correctly remove all
dependencies.

Today  I download new version of apt-0.3.6, and look to source of apt-get.
Nothing change in this direction ;-). And I found some bugs in my patch. I
still working on it, but when I finish, may be you look at patches?

p.s. I got a message from joey@infodrom.north.de (Martin Schulze), informing
me what I can't subscribe to deity@lists.debian.org. Can you help?

--
 wbr, Sergey Golod.     email: rover@ttknet.ru