pkgProblemResolver

Can someone give me a quick summary of what pkgProblemResolver is for in
DoInstall() in apt-get? Protect(), InstallProtect(), Resolve()?

Also, if I MarkInstall(i, false); and then InstBroken() == true,
I want to give the user the option to MarkInstall(i, true); right?
Is there some way to show a preview of changes MarkInstall(i,true)
will make?

This is the "Package foo depends on bar, do you want to install bar?"
dialog, I guess. Right now it asks a very vague question, it should
specify what will happen if the user says yes.

All this kind of stuff is in pkgutil.cc and cache.cc in the gnome-apt
tree, if someone who understands this stuff in depth wants to look over
that code and tell me when I'm insane, that would be lovely. I am more or
less blindly copying from apt-get, but when that's not possible I have to
make something up - gets ugly. :-)

Havoc