Re: Apt 0.0.16-1

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Scott K. Ellis wrote:

> I released 0.0.16-1 into incoming.  I generated the .orig.tar.gz file by
> hand, by passing "--exclude CVS --exclude debian" to tar.  Unfortunatly,
> the CVS directories show back up in the diff.

diff? ARG! We should do something about the tools that build the
source/diff package, they do not seem at all suitable for packages that
are the upstream package.

Can we disable the diff pass somehow? If you are using tar by hand it
means we don't need to worry about those symlinks either (use -h)

Jason