Re: seg fault

On 14 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	The seg fault was initally observed with the released deb
>  files. I only went to my build environment to get better results from
>  gdb.

Actually, I just had a thought. It might somehow be related to the cache
file - it could have been left in a corrupted state - this would cause
segfaults at the observed locations.

Can you make a backup of /var/cache/apt/*.bin and erase them - see if they
are the cause, see if apt-get check dies and such?

I do no checking of the cache files aside from their header signature and
dirty bit - the generator is never supposed to leave an invalid cache with
the dirty bit clear.

Thanks,
Jason