Re: negative total bytes printed

> Updating package status cache...done
> Checking system integrity...ok
> The following packages have been kept back
>    fetchmail libpam0g-dev xlib6 netscape3 xbase bash-builtins xlib6g-dev xfnt75
> xfntbase libreadlineg2-dev xlib6g kernel-package kernel-image-2.0.33 xfntscl
>  kernel-source-2.0.33 xfntpex libpam0g bash xserver-svga grep ldso libreadlineg2
> 11 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 22 not upgraded.
> 11766120 bytes to download, -1179000 bytes needed after install.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

>I'm not sure if it's related but i'm somewhat low on available space

This is not a bug. It is a feature.

The 'bytes needed after install' indicates the delta between the current
unpacked size of all the installed debs and the new unpacked size of all
the debs. It means the new debs are 1.1 meg smaller when unpacked than the
ones you have installed already and that you will have 1.1 meg more space
in /usr - unless a header field got munged and it is missing a size value.

I'll change the message so it says something other than print a negative
number.

Jason