Re: 4.3.0 wishlist item

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 01:34:21AM +0200, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> >On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 06:31:50PM +0200, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> >>Please include the CVS HEAD version of the SiS driver (which compiles
> >>and works with 4.3.0) in Debian's upcoming 4.3.0 release.
> >>
> >>The driver from CVS HEAD is much improved compared to the original 4.3.0
> >>version. This step would save me a lot of user enquiries...
> >
> >Getting the new Savage driver in would also be great.
>
> I don't know about the status of that one; as said, some code parts were
> moved to a common place, so it might as well be possible that the savage
> driver from HEAD does no longer compile with 4.3.0.

There's a site with code drops of the Savage driver that explicitly
build against 4.3.0; it apparently solves a great many problems. It's
something I'd certainly love to have in.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne