Re: [jonathan.heaney@btinternet.com: X in Sid +G400 DRI]

(Answer goes to list as well as to Jonathan)

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> Can someone help this person out?
>
> I only have access to 3Dfx and ATI cards, and do not experience this
> problem.
>
> --
> G. Branden Robinson                |    If you make people think they're
> Debian GNU/Linux                   |    thinking, they'll love you; but if
> branden@debian.org                 |    you really make them think, they'll
> http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |    hate you.
> From: Jonathan Heaney <jonathan.heaney@btinternet.com>
> Subject: X in Sid +G400 DRI
> To: branden@debian.org
> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:39:29 +0100
>
> Branden,
>
> Ref.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2001/debian-x-200108/msg00035.html
>
> Reponse from you re. a DRI mismatch, I'm having the same issue but the
> fix you proposed does not solve the problem.
>

> Is there a solution?  I was not aware of there being any v3 DRI, I
> always use Alan Cox's kernels and have tried to compile with the older
> DRI but to no avail.

I am running Kernel version 2.4.9 and the current X packages from sid.
Works for me. HAve a look at the kernel changelogs for info on where
the new DRI code went in. The DRI module can also be compiled
separately, it lives on Sourceforge.

-Hilko

--
"Emacs -- Do Everything In One Place."