Re: in-place replacement of input drivers for packaged X

Please send questions like this to <debian-x@lists.debian.org>.

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 03:13:46PM -0700, dorian wrote:
> i'm trying to get my wacom intuos to work in x, and i've noticed that the
> driver packaged with your latest 4.1.0 debs is .23. since there's a .24
> available, i wanted to try that, but it seems that something somewhere in
> the execution that explicitly requires the driver version. is there
> something i can (hex)edit to quickly check if the new driver makes a
> difference, or will i have to recompile the entire source tree?

You'll probably have to recompile.  Sometimes the guys upstream rev the
interfaces.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If you have the slightest bit of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     intellectual integrity you cannot