Re: Misdetection of Voodoo3?

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 11:08:42PM -0400, Burton Windle wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance/non-developerness, but I can't seem to understand why
> I'm seeing this in my /var/log/XFree86.0.log file:
>
> (EE) TDFX(0): DRI requires Voodoo3 or later, disabling DRI.
>
> I have a VooDoo3 2000 PCI card.  My XFree86.0.log, XFree86 conf file, and
> dmesg files are available at http://ingainesville.com/~bwindle/XF4
>
> Thank you so much for making Debian the best distro!

I run exactly this card at home.  I think this may be a mistaken error
message.  What kernel are you using?  The problem may actually be that:

A) your kernel has no DRM support for the Voodoo3; or
B) you're not running a recent enough kernel for the DRM/DRI handshaking

For B) to be satisfied you need to be running -- IIRC -- 2.4.0-test9 or
2.2.18pre15 or later.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    There's nothing an agnostic can't do
Debian GNU/Linux                |    if he doesn't know whether he believes