problems compiling with X extensions

I received a couple of reports of keyboard problems with the last set of e
debs I uploaded. I don't exactly know what went wrong, but this appears to
be the problem:

  checking for XTestGrabControl in -lXtst... (cached) no
  checking for XTestQueryExtension in -lXtst... (cached) no
  checking for XkbQueryExtension in -lXext... (cached) no

I have xlib6g and xlib6g-dev installed. libXst and libXext are in
/usr/X11R6/lib/. ldd on the bin only shows libXext though. What am I missing?

--
ljlane@debian.org is up@12am.net