Re: Leave Out : Re: Fishing Enthusiasts List, Mailing list spam , what to do about it ?

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:27:46 -0600
limpia@openmailbox.org wrote:

> Is there not some way to keep these spammers off the Debian mailing
> list ?

The Debian Listmasters have spam filters in place, but they don't stop
everything.  See: https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#ads

>   Are they also getting access to our e-mail addresses ?

Not to the list of subscribers, if that's what you meant, but if you
post to the list you also run the risk of getting the spammers'
attention...

> Or is it just part of the mailing list, I am confused, when I joined
> the "debian-www" lists.debian.org,
[...]

It is part of most publicly available mailing lists anywhere, I'm
afraid.

>   I am not interested in, nor have any desire to be receiving this
> kind of junk. There has been several the last few days, this is the
> first time I have said anything. I am not sure if there is a better
> method to report these, but if there is, please let me know.

You can help out by marking spam; please don't forget to add yourself to
a month once you've marked all remaining spam - see:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/SpamClean

You can also go directly to the mailing list interface (but then the
other reporters can't keep track of whether a month already has
received five reports for each spam mail):

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/

>   If this is a normal, and the kind of junk that the mailing list is
> used for, then please remove me,

If you want to unsubscribe, please see this page for instructions: