Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by tamcap: webwml/english/po templates.pot

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 11:54:58PM +0200, Marek Łaska wrote:
> > > CVSROOT:	/cvs/webwml
> > > Module name:	webwml
> > > Changes by:	tamcap	03/06/25 12:13:36
> > >
> > > Modified files:
> > > 	english/po     : templates.pot
> > >
> > > Log message:
> > > 	translators in dwn/footer.wml
> >
> > This is not flexible enough. In my language (translation) at least,
> > the form requires distinction between male and female in the
> > single-translator sentence.
> May you describe it a little wider, please?
> As I understood it, the sentence:
> "This issue of DWN was transalted by:"
> may be translated in two ways, when using single form, yes? One for female and
> one for male... Do I see it right?

Yes. Male form would be:

"Ovo izdanje DWN-a je preveo %s."

whereas the female form would be:

"Ovo izdanje DWN-a je prevela %s."

It can be worked around by using some more crude, generic verbiage, but the
above form is the normal one.

> (Are there so many females in Ur team, we have lack of them ;))

No :) but there can be some in other languages that do this and we should
not be caught off guard :)

(redirecting reply back to -www where it belongs)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.