Introduction

Hi,

For years my goal has been to make Debian desirable for my own kids who
now number four girls and one boy, and for families everywhere.  Now
that my boy and half of my girls are teens, I would like to think all
of them could follow in their father's footsteps and join Debian,
should they want to.  This project, Debian Women, has some important
work to do in order to welcome them and other girls (and boys, I think)
once they come of age.

I really appreciate the different perspectives, ideas and sensibilities
of my daughters, my wife and the women here who have backed me up in my
work on Debian Jr.  It has made my work on Debian a richer experience,
just as the women in my life have made it richer in general.

So for these reasons as well as in response to the injuries of our
own members we've been witness to in recent weeks, I lend my support.
In particular, thanks Amaya and Miriam.  You're both an inspiration to
me.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca