Re: [pkg-wine-party] Problems with installer

Mark Phillips skrev:
I currently have wine 0.9.44 running on my Debian lenny system. When I
do an apt-get upgrade wine is not upgraded. When I try apt-get install
wine=1.0-rc1-1, I get the following.

Why is the wine installer removing apache, gnome-desktop, evolution,
evolution-exchange, etc? I need those packages. Is this a bug in the
installer, or is wine incompatible with these packages?

By installer, you mean apt-get? Well, typically apt-get chooses the "smallest" change; in these situations, it's likely that to keep apache installed, a ton *more* packages would have to be upgraded (including apache itself, which probably has new dependencies), so removing it seemed like a "smaller" operation.

You can add apache2 etc to the "apt-get install" line to prevent it from being removed if you want, but it seems likely that this is going to ask apt to upgrade almost your whole Debian system to lenny (or sid). If you're doing that, apt-get dist-upgrade first may be easier.

But if you need packages for etch, you can get them at http://www.backports.org (or my own etch-built packages at http://people.debian.org/~ovek/wine if you want the newest)