Re: Question to all voters: Is team upload in some example case OK? (Was: Question to all candidates: What are your technical goals)

Am Fri, Apr 05, 2024 at 09:55:56AM +0000 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 02:32:45PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > [...]  I could follow the normal NMU procedure but I do not consider
> > this a sustainable solution.
> [...]
> > I did not uploaded my work but I would like to know what action is
> > considered acceptable by the voters.  I repeat that the package is no
> > key package for which I would not consider what I did above.  Please
> > simply fill in the form:
> >
> >    [ ] Its not acceptable, don't do that
> >    [ ] We should discuss this on debian-devel, possibly do some GR
> >        before things like this are permitted
> >    [ ] Wait one week before uploading
> >    [ ] Wait one day before uploading
> >    [ ] Just upload provided you care for any break your action might
> >        have caused.
> >    [ ] ???
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> rereading this, I must say I think "wtf".
>
> please *do* follow the NMU procedures or salvage the package. (or leave it alone.)

Salvaging would mean to set a new maintainer.  I could make
the Debian Med team new maintainer since we are obviously
affected and we are packaging several preconditions.  Do you
consider this better than debian/ space?

> also: (NMU-)uploads to DELAYED/15 are great.

Sorry, I do not feel my time well spent on just curing a symptom
(unfixed RC bug) via NMU instead of addressing the underlying cause
that the package is maintained by a single person.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

--
https://fam-tille.de