Re: DPL blindsides

Jonathan Carter <jcc@debian.org> writes:

> In a twist, my question goes out to Debian project members, but I'd also
> like to hear from the other DPL candidates on this one.
>
> Every year, the DPL candidates post platforms listing what they think
> they could do to improve Debian over the next term or so. Often, these
> ideas are similar to previous platforms. Sometimes it's because
> candidates draw some inspiration from previous platforms, and often its
> because those ideas are as relevant and necessary as they were in
> previous years.
>
> So, my question to all our project members is, what do you feel is a DPL
> blindside? That is, something that's important in Debian that neither
> the DPLs or DPL candidates every give (enough) attention to? And is
> there anything specific that the next DPL should really pay attention to
> that none of the candidates have mentioned yet?
>
> thanks for any answers :)

How would you handle a situation where a Debian event planning team
would instigate a unilateral blacklisting against a DD for a Debian
event, and the team would refuse to provide any details or
explanation, even at the request of the DPL at the time?

Subsequently a member of this team stands for the position of DPL.

Would you, in a situation like this, commit to providing the
information before becoming DPL in order to avoid a conflict of
interest?