G+D weakening G

I read  [1], Guillem's message talking about how he believes the G+D
proposal weakens option G alone.

  [1]:
  [🔎] 20191205001617.GA11219@gaara.hadrons.org">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 20191205001617.GA11219@gaara.hadrons.org

This puts us into a complicated situation.

* If G+D had been proposed and sponsored  before the CFV, it's clear that
  this concern would be moot.

* If Guillem had not written that mail, I think we would have reached a
  point where G+D is on the ballot.

* In normal circumstances, after the CFV, option G+D could not be added
  to the ballot.

* If I had not used DPL powers to adjust the discussion period, but
  instead had simply accepted no amendments, some people would be upset,
  some people would wish I had not made a CFV, but we'd clearly be in a
  position where putting G+D on the ballot would be inappropriate.
Ian might still have challenged the decision to use DPL powers to put
  options on the ballot, but I think that sort of challenge would
  receive even less informal support than the current challenge.

* The timing concern is real.  People have spoken that theyp do want to
  start voting soon.  Several people have indicated that they do find
  this is dragging on.

* The giving people time to put all options on the ballot concern is
  real.  Others have spoken and indicated that they value taking a bit
  of extra time  (as in a couple days starting at Tuesday) to get the
  right options on the ballot.

* Others have indicated they would be willing to push things much
  further out to get the right options on the ballot.  That's a much
  smaller number.

* Many people  have indicated happiness with the ballot Tuesday.

* I cannot remember whether we've seen anyone indicate that another
  option would be between D and G+D in their rankings.

I'm not sure what to do.
I'm sure that in my mind pushing things past Saturday would be a bad
idea.  I will continue to work to avoid that.

I think that the ballot Tuesday has broad support of the people involved
in this discussion.  I understand there are a few who disagree.

I'm not unsaying anything I said yesterday.

I am asking everyone to think about whether G+D on the ballot is really
fair to option G.

Ultimately I think this is up to the secretary.  If there is anything I
as an individual or as DPL can do to support any decision the secretary
makes about the handling of G and its combinations that does not push
the start of the vote back, consider this mail to have done so.