Re: Q to all candidates: fundraising

also sprach Gergely Nagy <lists@madhouse-project.org> [2015-03-16 12:28 +0100]:
> I think fundraisers can be great, for specific non-recurring
> tasks, or as an additional source of funding for significantly
> larger ones, which would be very hard to fund otherwise.

Ftr, I was talking about regular fundraising, not individual
fundraisers. I just didn't want to call it marketing & sales. ;)

But judging from:

> In my opinion, if a recurring project is successful, and we keep
> doing it year after year, then we should try our best to minimise
> the amount of fundraising required.

I think you picked up on this.

> I have not followed Debian and Debian-related fundraising efforts
> recently, but if we have not tried alternative ways of running
> one, perhaps we should.

See -project right now, partners programme for the latest
incarnation. It's not the first time. This has been tried for
decades.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer