Re: GR: Disambiguation of Section 4.1.5 of the constitution

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 04:12:17AM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> I am not a developer, and thus can not propose this amendment. I would
> still like to suggest it, however, in hopes that either Branden Robinson
> will accept it, or that some other developer will sponsor it:
>
>     In the Robinson amendment's changes to (5), replace "modify"
>     with "supersede."

Both of the original GRs have Expired per the Standard Resolution
Procedure.

However, in the event I re-propose my GR, I'll gladly make this change.
If we feel the need to update a non-technical position statement such as
the DFSG, I do believe it is important that try not to give any
appearance of sweeping the old one under the rug.

Now that our Constitution has been amended, I hope the original version
will be archived in an easily accessible place; we should do the same
for documents that we supersede or withdraw under 4.1.5.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If God had intended for man to go
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     about naked, we would have been