Re: Zutty fonts - zutty always uses the same font and fontsize

On 02/05/2024 15:17, Richmond wrote:

It understands the font names from xfontsel which is a major improvement
on zutty.

I have nothing against raster fonts for terminal applications, but I am surprised that support of X Logical Font Description may be considered as an improvement in comparison with an application relying on fontconfig.

I have never tried zutty, but I would expect something like (assuming fonts-liberation2 installed)

zutty -font LiberationMono -fontsize 24

However applications are usually more liberal concerning specifying vector fonts and use various fallbacks and substitutions.