Re: Internet Access Problem

On 11/04/2024 20:53, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I am running Bullseye and attempting to use QEMU/KVM virt-manager, on the computers on my LAN rather than Oracle VM VirtualBox.
[...]
However, when I pinged yahoo.com. I got the result:

Reply from 169.234.75.136: Destination host unreachable.

If the VM for some reason is configured with "user" network instead of vibr0 then it is expected:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Networking
Note - if you are using the (default) SLiRP user networking, then ping
(ICMP) will not work, though TCP and UDP will. Don't try to use ping to
test your QEMU network configuration!

Regular user running VM does not have enough privileges to send ICMP packets.