Re: printing QR-codes on labels with 300dpi label printers with LaTeX

On 20/03/2024 01:51, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Max Nikulin wrote:
When vector graphics, that does not match device resolution, is rasterized,
the result is either non-even sizes of similar elements or fuzzy lines due
to dithering.

Nitpicking:

"Dithering" in raster graphics is emulation of color resolution at the
expense of space resolution.
[...]

The fuzzy lines are rather the opposite. They use surplus color
resolution to emulate ibetter spacial resolution. Over here the usual
term is "Anti-aliasing".

I admit "dithering" may be incorrect term, but I am in doubts if that printer (claimed to have 300dpi resolution, but not suitable for QR codes) has surplus color resolution. I do not mean anti-aliasing in the sense of adjusting pixels darkness (and color).

Consider 2 squares having size of 2.5×2.5 pixels. Non-even sizes and fuzzy lines variants:

Second variant might have sense if an image is treated as a photo unlikely having regular patterns with horizontal and vertical lines.