Re: Temporary failure in name resolution

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 06:13:55PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Debian 12 on Thinkpad T450s.
>
> The error message `Temporary failure in name resolution' appears whenever I log
> into X with `startx' at prompt after boot, but it *only* occurs if the PC is
> *not* connected to internet; otherwise it does not appear; nevertheless, it
> annoys me and I wish to get rid of it.  Any suggestions?

Where/how does this error message "appear"?

Obviously, "something" is trying to resolve a host name and is unable to.
Depending on which host name "it" is trying to resolve, that might be
reasonable (i.e. if that host is "out there") or not.

So let's try finding out what this "something" is...

Cheers