Re: disable auto-linking of /bin -> /usr/bin/

On Wed, 10 Jan 2024, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

I think some programs can break, like those that assume / and /usr are
both mounted early in the boot process. I think the only guarantee is
/ will be mounted early, and all programs needed to boot are available
from /. I thought there was a discussion about some problems with
systemd when / and /usr are different mount points (and only / is
mounted early), but I can't find it at the moment.

Yes, I thought systemd requires /usr mounted by the initrd.