Re: SMART Uncorrectable_Error_Cnt rising - should I be worried?

The Wanderer wrote:
> So... as the Subject asks, should I be worried? How do I interpret these
> results, and at what point do they start to reflect something to take
> action over? If there is not reason to be worried, what *do* these
> alerts indicate, and at what point *should* I start to be worried about
> them?
>
> I already *am* worried, to the point of having heartburn and difficulty
> sleeping over the possibility of data loss (there's enough on here that
> external backup would be somewhat difficult to arrange), but I'm not
> sure whether or not that is warranted.

YES. Backup ASAP.

2TB and 4TB Samsung 870 EVO disks produced before November 2022 have this as
a known failure mode.

> Model Family:     Samsung based SSDs
> Device Model:     Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB
> Serial Number:    S620NJ0R410888A

These may or may not be under warranty, depending on when you
purchased them and from whom. Assume Samsung will take a long
time, no matter what.

-dsr-