Re: The current package wpasupplicant doesn't support WPA3-Personal authentication. What alternatives to it exist?

On Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 6:57 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> >> Are you sure? WPA3-Personal is hardly new so Bookworm should have the
> >> support. Even the package description says that.
> > Could you provide me the URL to the package description please?
>
> I think it's better to refer to the actual behavior, since that's the
> only thing that matters in the end.
> Have you tried and filed to associate using WPA3, and do you have
> reasons to believe that it's because of a missing or faulty support
> in wpasupplicant?
>
> If so, can you give us any detail to help you find a solution?

Yeah, I was thinking something similar. It sounds like wpa_supplicant
is having trouble with a particular configuration, and OP is making
the leap that WPA3 is not supported.

I would start with a BiOS/UEFI update to ensure the radios have the
latest firmware. Then see how wpa_supplicant performs, and
troubleshoot if necessary.

Jeff